GB3WS - News Update - 02 June 2011
WS back on air 1500z. NX to follow soon.
GB3WS - News Update - 23 May 2011
Off Air due PA failure. Currently investigating. Update soon.
GB3NX - News Update - 26 February 2011
GB3NX - News Update - 15 February 2011
Echolink Internet gateway now connected. Ongoing engineering work so may be subject to short periods of interruption. Please email email@example.com with comments.
GB3NX - News Update - 6 January 2011
Now back on air at 12:15. Analogue mode only at the moment. Further update to follow.
GB3WS - News Update - 22 March 2010
Off air Sunday 21 March due to power outage at site. Back on air Monday 22nd.
GB3NX - News Update - 15 April 2009
Currently off air for refurbishment.
News Update - 6 February 2009
Some tests have been carried out from a site in Horsham town centre, the first of a few sites. This has shown that it is not a practical site, does not give good coverage, and therefore will not be used for two meters. I still have other sites to investigate, but this will take time.
In the mean time no application has been made to the ETCC to move GB3WS, and GB3NX (see below) will stay under the control of the group pending discussions with the CEPO and EPO at Horsham. The group will not approach the ETCC ref a 70cms Horsham proposal until all avenues have been explored and we are happy that it will be viable.
Mike Senior G4EFO - 06.02.09
News Update - 10 November 2008
On Wednesday 5th November, I had a meeting with the County Emergency Planning Officer for West Sussex. The meeting was very useful and was received with enthusiasm. The CEPO will present my ideas at a future meeting with the County Committee and hopefully if accepted further discussions will take place.
The planned strategy, if accepted will be to undertake tests from the site in question, to ensure coverage is what is envisaged. If coverage does meet the requirements and a sensible agreement can be reached with county, I will hold a meeting in Horsham to outline some plans. If all goes well we can then apply to the ETCC for a move of GB3WS. During the same period an application to re-establish a UHF repeater and possibly a 23 cms repeater will also be made, but it is envisaged to carry the work out in three phases,
It goes without saying that this is likely to be a long process and will not happen in a matter of weeks, but months. Involved in my discussions with county is the future of the 70 cms repeater at Worth, GB3NX. Therefore until all discussions are exhausted the status quo will prevail. It could well be that GB3NX will form part of the communications strategy within the county.
Please remember there are four hurdles to cross,
We could fall at any one of these, therefore please be patient.
I will post more news on this site as and when it happens.
Mike Senior G4EFO - 10.11.2008
Mike Senior G4EFO